4 Days Morocco Desert Trek
ReviewsNo reviews yet
In this Itinerary 4 Days Morocco Desert Trek in the Desert by Camel, you will find the taste to observe, to feel the fresh air, to listen, and to admire the nature and beautiful desert landscapes of southern Morocco. share your pleasant moments with the inhabitants as well as discover the way of life of desert nomads. A Camel Trekking Desert Morocco is certainly an ideal trip for a first approach to the desert, a night under the stars. Southern Morocco, especially the Drâa Valley is a wonderful place for a desert trek with the family.
You will cross as the nomads the great wilderness of the Moroccan desert in your 4 Days Morocco Desert Trek in the Desert by Camel, to the rhythm of the caravan of your dromedaries, Hiking, or camelback. You will like the bivouacs on the edge of small oases or in the dunes, you will discover the sumptuous landscapes of southern Morocco. And succumb to the magic of the Sahara and its starry nights.
The Best Things to do in 4 Days Morocco Desert Trek
- Cross the famous Draa valley for its date palm oases and Kasbah
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ait Ben Haddou
- Discovery of the culture and life of the nomads of southern Morocco.
- Enjoy the beautiful scenery between Marrakech and Mhamid
- Experience the magic of the nights under the tent in the desert.
- An ideal trek for the discovery of desert life in all its aspects.
- Ride camels and hike to experience the desert dunes.
- Discover the palm groves and architecture of towns and Kasbahs in the Draa Valley.
- Drive the Tizi n Tichka Pass of the High Atlas Mountains
- Explore the real desert and discover the beautiful life of the nomads.
This is the Program itinerary summary of the most popular 4 Days Camel Trek
- Day 1: Marrakech – High atlas – Ait Ben Haddou – Ouarzazate – Agdz – MHamid (7 HOURS DRIVE)
- Day 2: Mhamid - Rass Nkal -- Sidi Naji (5 HOURS TREK)
- Day-3: Sidi Naji - Rass Nkal - Mhamid (5 HOURS TREK)
- Day-4: MHamid – Zagora – Draa Valley – Agdez – Ouarzazate – Tizi-N-Ticha – Marrakech (7 HOURS DRIVE)
Information To take with you:
- Do not forget the usual medicines.
- Nomadic turbans are very useful.
- Small plastic bags to put your toilet waste in.
- parkas in winter.
- Something to read.
- Hygienic wet wipes.
SUPERVISION: guide, camel drivers, and camel caravan adapted to the size of the group RUNNING OF THE HIKING: The group moves on foot; luggage, bivouac equipment, and supplies for the trek are transported by camels. (it is possible to go on a camel ride).
CLIMATE: mild from autumn to spring depending on the period: during the day 15/30 ° – in the evening 0/15 °. WHEN TO GO The period for hiking in the Moroccan desert lasts from early October to May
LEVEL 2: Walking times of 3-5 hours/day. A Saharan immersion for a good hiker FOOD: hearty breakfast, picnic at noon, afternoon snack, hot meal in the evening ACCOMMODATION: first and last night at the Camp / 3 nights in the desert
Important Note: The prices displayed are estimates and may vary depending on the number of people, the period of the trip. We invite you to ask us for a quote to receive a personalized offer.
- 2 night stay in camp comfortable
- The services of a guide.
- Baudouin English/French guide
- Dromedaries for carrying luggage.
- Food (tajin, sand bread, couscous, mineral water …)
- Air-conditional transport.
- 3 dinners, 3 breakfasts, 2 lunches, Mineral water.
- Camels for children
- The services of a cook.
- Team camel.
- Ready tents during trek.
- Transport from Marrakech to Mhamid/Back
- Sleeping bags
- Lunch in the road from Marrakech
Day 1: Marrakech – Tizi NTichka – Ouarzazate – Zagora – MHamid
Our 4 Days Morocco Desert Trek in the Desert by Camel begins at 8:00 am, our driver will pick you up at your hotel or riad in Marrakech in a private vehicle After breakfast, we take the road to Ouarzazate via the Tizi NTichka to 2260m. We will admire the panoramic view of the High Atlas Mountains and we continue the Col Ait Saoune to arrive in the famous Draa Valley, before joining the small town of MHamid. This is where we meet our team of camel drivers. We walk about an hour before you install our camp in the dunes of Ras Nkhal From Mahamid 7km.
Day 2: Rass Nkhal - Desert Sidi Naji
After breakfast, we begin the camel ride through the ancient Kasbah of the palm, stop for lunch in the shade of tamarisk, nap, and resumed the march towards 16:00 to go in Sidi Naji, which is located the grave of an old marabout, became a place of pilgrimage for the nomads. Bivouac campfire, sand bread, animation.
Day 3: Sidi Naji - Rass Nkhal
After breakfast, the caravan took the road back to the bivouac. On the way, stop at Rass Nkhill for lunch. Continue for the bivouac. Arrived at a well-deserved shower and wait for a meal! a nomadic evening with local folklore.
Day 4: Rass Nkhal - Mhamid - Zagora - Agdez - Marrakech
On the last day of our 6 Days Camel Trek the Moroccan Desert After a short walk of one hour, we will reach our minibus near the small town of MHamid. The return trip will be made along the Oued Draa valley. We arrive late in the afternoon at Marrakech. 460 Km will drop you at the location of your choice and end your 4 Days Morocco Desert Trek in the Desert by Camel.