3 Days Sahara Desert Trek
ReviewsNo reviews yet
In this Itinerary 3 Days Sahara Desert Trek in Desert Morocco by Camel, you will find the taste to observe, to feel the fresh air, to listen, and to admire nature and beautiful desert landscapes of southern Morocco. share your pleasant moments with the inhabitants as well as discover the way of life of desert nomads. A Camel Trekking Desert Morocco is certainly an ideal trip for a first approach to the desert, a night under the stars. Southern Morocco, especially the Drâa Valley is a wonderful place for a desert trek with the family.
You will cross as the nomads the great wilderness of the Moroccan desert in your three Days Sahara Desert Trek in Desert Morocco by Camel, to the rhythm of the caravan of your dromedaries, Hiking, or camelback. You will like the bivouacs on the edge of small oases or in the dunes, you will discover the sumptuous landscapes of southern Morocco. And succumb to the magic of the Sahara and its starry nights.
This journey starts from Mahamid El Ghizlane, Gate of the Desert, 520 km from Marrakesh.
To participate in this tour, we offer you two options to reach Mahamid, the starting point of this Trek.
You can go from Marrakech to Mahamid by bus (direct CTM bus From Marrakech 10:30 Am - or shared taxi, change in Ouarzazate), or we can charge you back and forth transportation.
The Best Things to do in 3 Days Sahara Desert Trek
- Discovery of the culture and life of the nomads of southern Morocco.
- Enjoy the beautiful scenery between Marrakech and Mhamid.
- Explore the real desert and discover the beautiful life of the nomads.
- Experience the magic of the nights under the tent in the desert.
- An ideal trek for a discovery of the desert life in all its aspects.
- Ride camels and hike to experience the desert Sand dunes.
This is the Program itinerary summary of the most popular 3 Days Sahara Desert Trek.
- Day 1: Mhamid — Rass Nkhal — Sidi Naji (4 HOURS TREK)
- Day 2: Sidi Naji - Erg Lama3ti (4 HOURS TREK)
- Day3: Erg Lama3ti - Mhamid (4 HOURS TREK)
Information To take with you:
- Small plastic bags to put your toilet waste.
- Do not forget the usual medicines.
- Something to read.
- Hygienic wipes.
- Nomadic turbans are very useful.
- Parkas in winter.
SUPERVISION: guide, camel drivers, and camel caravan adapted to the size of the group RUNNING OF THE HIKING: The group moves on foot; luggage, bivouac equipment, and supplies for the trek are transported by camels. (it is possible to go on a camel ride).
LEVEL 2: Walking times of 3-5 hours/day. A Saharan immersion for a good hiker FOOD: hearty breakfast, picnic at noon, afternoon snack, hot meal in the evening ACCOMMODATION: first and last night at the Camp/3 nights in the desert
CLIMATE: mild from autumn to spring depending on the period: during the day 15/30 ° – in the evening 0/15 °. WHEN TO GO The period for hiking in the Moroccan desert lasts from early October to May.
Important Note: The prices displayed are estimates and may vary depending on the number of people, the period of the trip. We invite you to ask us for a quote to receive a personalized offer.
- The services of a guide.
- Baudouin English/French guide
- Dromedaries for carrying luggage.
- Food (tajin, sandbread,coucous,meniral water …)
- Air-conditional transport.
- 2 dinners, 2 breakfast, 3 lunches, Mineral water.
- Camels for children
- Team camel.
- Ready tents during the trek.
- The services of a cook.
- Transport from Marrakech to Mhamid/Back
- Sleeping bags
- Lunch in the road from Marrakech
day 1: Mhamid — Rass Nkhal — Sidi Naji
Departure on foot from the Mhamid, accompanied by Our team and the dromedary caravan, hike in the Sahara desert, and head for the Palm grove of M'hamid. Tea and lunch are taken in the shade of a Tamarisk tree.
This is a place full of history and local customs. In the evening, the bivouac lands at the foot of the sand dunes.
Day 2: Sidi Naji - Erg Lamaati
To the rhythm of the sun, the bivouac retreats. Departure towards "la Rada", through the rocky plateaus. Lunch near a Tamarisk. At the end of the afternoon, we set up the bivouac at "la Hananesh." A night under the stars in the Sahara Desert.
Day 3: Erg Lamaati - Mhamid
In the morning, we load the dromedaries and set off towards Mhamid through the magnificent landscapes of the Drâa Valley. We have lunch at Erg Lama3ti, Mahmid destination for the end of this trek.