This Marrakech to erg chigaga desert tour 3 days will take you from Ouarzazate to the wilderness of the Sahara to Erg Chagaga, Explore the desert expanses on the back of camels at Ergs Lihoudi and Chigaga, and live an incredible experience by camp in comfortable Berber tents at the foot of the Danes travel through the Anti-Atlas Mountains via Agdez and enjoy a guided tour of Kasbah Tamnougalte.
Further south, follow the old caravan route to Zagora and admire the incredible Draa Valley, its ancient kasbahs, and green oases In Tamgroute discover the workshops for making pottery typical of the region with green enamel as well as its Koranic library renowned for centuries.
3 days tour from Marrakech to Chigaga Explore the Saharan trails, go in search of fossils in the dry lake of Iriqui, discover the adobe villages, oasis life, and the techniques of artisanal production of Berber rugs, The trip is possible in 3-day Marrakech to chigaga tour however we recommend a slow pace for 4 Days tour From Marrakech to erg chigaga.
This is the itinerary of the Marrakech to erg chigaga desert tour 3 days
- 1 Day: Marrakech → High Atlas → Ait Ben Haddou → Ouarzazate (5 HOURS DRIVE)
- 2 Day: Ouarzazate → Zagora → Mhamid → Chigaga Dunes (6 HOURS DRIVE)
- 3 Day: Chegaga desert → Lake Iriqi → Foum Z’Guid → Taznakht – Marrakech (7 HOURS DRIVE)
Things to do in a 3-day tour from Marrakech To Erg Chigaga
- Enjoy the beautiful scenery between Marrakesh and Ouarzazate
- Crossing the Tizi n Tichka in the High Atlas Mountains
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ait Ben Haddou
- Visit the Kasbah of Taourirt and movie studios
- Cross the famous Draa valley for its date palm oases and Kasbah
- Visit the Koranic school and library Tamgrout Through the dry salt lake Iriqui
- Enjoy a fossil hunting adventure on your way to the village of Foum Zguid