The Marrakech Desert tours 2 Days tour From Marrakech to Mhamid is the best option to visit the desert and dunes, although it does not compare to the Merzouga dunes or Chegaga is always better than Zagora, besides the impressive attractions all along the road to Mhamid el ghizlane, you can see relatively large dunes and enjoy a beautiful sunset and sunrise and enjoy a beautiful atmosphere with the nomads.
Things to do in 2 days desert tour from Marrakech to Mhamid el ghizlane
- Enjoy the beautiful scenery between Marrakesh and Ouarzazate
- Crossing the Tizi n Tichka in the High Atlas Mountains
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ait Ben Haddou
- Visit the Kasbah of Taourirt and movie studios
- Cross the famous Draa valley for its date palm oases and Kasbah
- Visit the Koranic school and library Tamgrout Through the dry salt lake Iriqui
- Enjoy a fossil hunting adventure on your way to the village of Foum Zguid
This is the itinerary of the 2 Days tour From Marrakech to Mhamid
DAY 1: Marrakech - Ouarzazate - Draa Valley - Zagora - Mhamid
Morning departure our Marrakech Desert tours 2 Days tour From Marrakech to Mhamid in a private vehicle to Mhamid, crossing the high mountains of the atlas and driving along the ancient caravan route, arrival Agdez in time for lunch. In the afternoon, experience the desert Saha continuing through the Draa Valley and Zagora. Once we arrive at Mhamid the door of the desert, you will ride camels for about an hour and a half. Enjoy the sunset from the top of the highest dune above the distant mountains, before the camels bring us back to the bivouac of nomadic tents for dinner and a night of rest.
DAY 2: Mhamid - Ait Ben Haddou - Marrakech
If you wake up early enough, you can watch the spectacle of the sunrise, when the color of the dunes and the play of shadows are an awesome sight. Then he is back in the vehicle and left for Ait Ben Haddou, a beautiful kasbah, often used as a filming location for Hollywood blockbusters like Gladiator with Russell Crowe. We lunch here before heading back to the Tizi-n-Tichka and return to Marrakech we will drop you off at your hotel/riad and end of our Marrakech desert tours in 2 days.
- A/C modern 4×4
- English speaking driver/guide
- Pick up & Drop off at your Marrakech accommodation
- Night in desert camp Mhamid ( Private tent ) with Private bathrooms
- Dinner and breakfast are daily
- Sand boarding
- Berber party at night in the desert nomad's music.
- camel ride
What’s not included
- Lunches and beverages on the way.
- Personal expenses.
- Optional local guide at Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou (2 Euros per person).